A Guide to Selecting the Right Sales Representatives
When you choose an organization to represent your company, you can't afford to make the wrong decision. The following checklist can help you make the right decision:
1. People - You want professional, experienced people with energy and enthusiasm for your product who are on the road and on the phone every day.
2. The Right Size Organization - You want a sales rep firm that is large enough to cover its territory properly and small enough to consider your company truly important to their success.
3. Product Knowledge - You want a representative who will take the time to know your products as thoroughly as you do.
4. Understanding Your Goals - You want your representative to provide steady and consistent growth through quality, credit-worthy distributors and O.E.M.s. You need representatives who can listen to your ideas and suggest ways to implement them.
5. Understanding Your Market - Your reps, through developing and maintaining excellent relationships with the best distributors - i.e., the "key players" - are needed to help those distributors market and "pull through" your products to the top dealers, contractors and retailers throughout their territory.
6. Marketing Savvy - You need experienced personnel capable of assisting you and your distributors with fresh and innovative marketing programs and ideas - as well as knowledge of what kinds of sales promotion materials and advertising works best in their market.
7. Computerized Operations - Your representative should have a computer and software program capable of compiling extensive year to year plus month to month sales analysis by account.
8. Modern Facilities - Your rep needs office space with an audio-visual equipped conference room for high-caliber, hard-hitting seminars and product demonstrations where he can bring you and your customers.
9. Readily Available Sales Staff - Both you and your distributors need access to sales reps at all times. Mobile phones and fax machines and email are a must.
10. Something Special - What you don't need is "ordinary." Your sales representative has to be a cut-above-the-rest -- in products, delivery, service, availability, and follow-through.
We hope we've given you a lot to think about. We invite you to use this guide to compare Waterlines with any other sales representatives you may be currently using or are considering. We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the benefits we have to offer. Please call Steve Swirsky, president of Waterlines, today at 203-691-9388. We believe you'll find the right choice is Waterlines.